[show_products] shortcode is available with various attributes:
- category – to show products only from specific categories (default is all categories available in catalogue)
- product – to show only specific products (default is all products from catalogue)
- products_limit – to limit number of product to given amount (default is 100)
- archive_template – to choose specific archive template for this particular listing (default is the selection in product settings)
- design_scheme – to choose specific color & size (default is the selection in product settings)
- sort – set to 0 to disable or 1 to enable product sort selector
- order – set to ASC for asceding order and DESC for desceding
- orderby – possible values: rand (random), date, modified, name, none
- pagination – set to 1 to enable shortcode pagination (products_limit parameter defines the number of elements per page if pagination is enabled) – Since: eCommerce Product Catalog 2.4.14
- post_type – to show entries from a different post type generated by WordPress or any third party plugin, click here for details
- per_row – set shortcode products per row
- empty – text that shows up when there are no products to display
Show specific products by ID
Use “product” attribute to show specific products from the catalog. To do it just place comma separated product ids as product attribute value.
Lets show only two products with ids 4 and 6
Product ids can be found in product table in WordPress admin:
Show products only from specific categories
To show products from one or multiple categories just place comma separated category ids as category attribute value.
Category ids can be found in category table in WordPress admin:
Change number of products listed
“products_limit” shortcode attribute will limit the product listing to specified number.
Select shortcode archive template
With archive_template attribute it is possible to choose one of available product listing templates. By default three product listing templates are available: “default” (for Modern Grid template), “list” (for Classic List template), “grid” (for Classic Grid template).
How to use shortcode with multiple attributes?
Multiple attributes can be used at the same time.
Lets play with product listing templates
Sometimes there is a need to show products with different templates at multiple part of the website. With eCommerce Product Catalog this was never easier!