eCommerce Product Catalog provides a variety of shortcodes that can be used anywhere on the website.
Main product catalog shortcodes
3 main product catalog shortcodes are available:
- [show_product_catalog] – to show main catalog listing page
- [show_products] – to show product listing (click here for usage details)
- [show_categories] – to show categories listing (click here for usage details)
Additional product catalog shortcodes
The shortcodes that show certain product page elements. All shortcodes show content for current product (when placed on product page) or for certain product (when “product” attribute is present e.g. [product_price product="32"], where 32 is product ID)
- [product_name] – shows product name
- [product_price] – shows product price
- [product_description] – shows product description
- [product_short_description] – shows product short description
- [product_attributes] – shows product attributes table
- [product_sku] – shows product SKU
- [product_shipping] – shows product shipping table
- [product_gallery] – shows product image or a whole gallery when multiple images are attached to the product
- [product_related_categories] – shows product related categories
- [back_to_products_url] – shows a back to products URL which points to the main product listing page
Product listing shortcodes
The following shortcodes are meant for product listing custom template:
- [product_listing_categories] – shows categories for current product listing page, the output depends on the Categories Settings located in Products -> Settings
- [product_listing_products] – shows products for current product listing page, the output depends on the Product listing page settings located in Products -> Settings
Product navigation shortcode
The shortcode for the breadcrumbs is [product_breadcrumbs], its output depends on the current page being displayed. This shortcode was designed to use in custom templates files.
Featured Products Shortcode
A shortcode to display featured products: [show_featured_products].
What is a shortcode?
A shortcode is a WordPress-specific code that lets you do nifty things with very little effort. Shortcodes can be placed in website content to generate objects that would normally require lots of complicated, ugly code. Shortcode = shortcut.
To use a shortcode inside the WordPress blocks editor (Gutenberg) you have to use the shortcode block.