eCommerce Product Catalog provides a variety of shortcodes that you can use anywhere on the website.
Main product catalog shortcodes
Four main product catalog shortcodes are available:
- [show_product_catalog] – to show main catalog listing page
- [show_products] – to show product listing (click here for usage details)
- [show_categories] – to show categories listing (click here for usage details)
Additional product catalog shortcodes
The shortcodes show certain product page elements. All shortcodes display content for the current product (when placed on the product page) or for a particular product (when the “product” attribute is present, e.g. [product_price product="32"], where 32 is product ID)
- [product_name] – shows product name
- [product_price] – shows product price
- [product_price_table] – shows product price and add to cart button
- [product_description] – shows product description
- [product_short_description] – shows product short description
- [product_attributes] – shows product attributes table
- [product_variations] – shows product variations selectors
- [product_sku] – shows product SKU
- [product_shipping] – shows product shipping table
- [product_gallery] – shows product image or a whole gallery when multiple images are attached to the product
- [product_related_categories] – shows product related categories
- [back_to_products_url] – shows a back to products URL which points to the main product listing page
Product listing shortcodes
The following shortcodes are meant for product listing custom templates:
- [product_listing_categories] – shows categories for the current product listing page, the output depends on the Categories Settings located in Products -> Settings
- [product_listing_products] – shows products for the current product listing page; the output depends on the Product listing page settings located in Products -> Settings
Product navigation shortcode
The shortcode for the breadcrumbs is [product_breadcrumbs]. Its output depends on the current page being displayed. This shortcode was designed to use in custom templates files.
Featured Products Shortcode
A shortcode to display featured products: [show_featured_products].
What is a shortcode?
A shortcode is a WordPress-specific code that lets you do nifty things with minimal effort. You can place shortcodes in website content to generate objects that would normally require lots of complicated, ugly code. Shortcode = shortcut.
To use a shortcode inside the WordPress blocks editor (Gutenberg), you must use the shortcode block.