[show_categories] shortcode is available with various attributes:
- exclude – to exclude categories by id from the listing
- include – to show only specific categories (default is all categories from catalogue)
- archive_template – to choose specific archive template for this particular listing (default is the selection in product settings)
- parent – use 0 to show only top level categories or use category id to show its child product categories
- orderby – to set product categories order – available values: id, count, name, none
- order – set the order to asceding or desceding – available values: ASC, DESC
- per_row – set shortcode categories per row
Show categories on home page or any other page
To show product categories on home page you will need to create a new page and assign it as a home page in WordPress Settings > Reading menu.
To show product categories on this page you will need to paste [show_categories] shortcode on it.
Shortcode usage examples
See some categories shortcode usage examples below. If you need some additional usage examples please contact our support. We will add them here.
Show specific categories in a given order:
[show_categories include="32,532,123,563,123" orderby="none"] – where numbers are category ids, the orderby set to none means that the categories will show up in the order specified by the ‘include’ parameter.