The inventory box appears in your product edit/add screen:
Here is what will happen when you set the product quantity:
- When the box is empty: “in stock” message will appear on the product page, it means unlimited quantity available
- When the quantity is set to zero: “not available” message will appear on the product page
- When the quantity is set to any positive number: the product page will show the number of items available
Compatible with Shopping Cart extension
If you have the Shopping Cart extension active the system will automatically deduct the available quantity when the order status is set to paid.
How the order status can be set to paid?
- When you have any of the payment gateways enabled it will be set automatically when the payment is confirmed
- You can change it manually on the orders admin screen